Canal boat "Hoop op Behoud"
This former cargo ship sails the canals, the IJ and the surroundings of Amsterdam. Her rugged appearance is reflected in the interior, wooden floor and traditionally made bar tables, which can also be converted into sitting tables. The Hoop op Behoud can be completely opened and also quickly closed again, quite handy with our fickle Dutch weather.
FACILITIES ON BOARD
- Complete bar with beer tap!
- Separate ladies and gents' toilet
- Quickly removable roof and windows
- Electric grill, hot plates, and hot air oven
- Flexible interior that can be quickly adapted to your needs
- Sound system with microphone. (Bringing your own music is possible)
The South Holland pavilion barge Hoop op Behoud was launched in Alphen aan de Rijn in 1897. As a sailing freighter, the ship transported mainly sand and clay. In the 1920s the ship was motorized and lengthened. With renewed energy, the Hoop op Behoud manages to remain in cargo shipping until the 1960s. She is decontaminated but from 1976 is given a new purpose as a sailing houseboat. In 1993 she returns to professional sailing as a passenger ship on the Amsterdam canals and the Amsterdam area.