Boat thE TIJD ZAL HET LEEREN
- An ex cargo ship with character.
- A robust and contemporary style.
- Boat can be fully opened and closed.
FACILITies oN BOaRD
- Bar with draft beer.
- Separated toiler for ladies and gentleman.
- Quickly removable roof and windows.
- Central heating;
- Electric grill, cooking plate and oven;
- 230 & 400 Volt connections
- Flexible interior that can be quickly adjusted to your wishes.
- Sound system with microphone. (You can bring your own music, however in the city center we are not allowed to play music loudly.)
The Tijd zal het Leeren, built in 1914, served as sailing cargo ship for agricultural produce in the north of The Netherlands. After having been a home for her last cargo captain, the Tijd zal het Leeren returned to the trade in 2000, now as passenger ship in Amsterdam.
The sails of the past have given way to a diesel-electric propulsion, which is almost as quiet as sailing and much more practical in a city full of bridges.